Pink Lady® Apple & date balls
Makes about 20 – 24 balls
These apple and date balls are perfect for lunch boxes, as a treat or mid-afternoon snack. The almonds and oats make them quite filling and the dates and apples add a delicious sweet flavour.
500 ml (2 cups) oats
125 g pitted dates, chopped
60 ml (¼ cup) desiccated coconut
5 ml (1 tsp) ground cinnamon
2 Pink Lady® Apples with the skin, coarsely grated
1. Place almonds in a food processor and blend until coarsely ground. It should be about 60 ml (¼ cup) ground almonds.
2. Add oats and blend to form a finer consistency, like a coarse flour. Add dates, coconut and cinnamon and blend until well combined.
3. Spoon in the grated apples and blend until it almost resembles a biscuit dough.
4. Roll into balls, using about 15 ml (a tablespoonful) of the mixture per ball.
5. Pack into an airtight container and store in the fridge for no more than 3-4 days.